Alpha Product Advantages
- The large clear spans and heights that the Alpha System can achieve make it an ideal and highly eye-catching structural solution for sports halls – whether they will be a permanent fixture or they will require future relocation; whether a stand-alone project or an improvement to existing facilities.
- Although perfectly suited to remain in one place indefinitely, cost effective and simple relocation makes the system perfect where staged modernisation on one or many sites, such as an LEA improvement programme is in place. A sports hall can provide a temporary facility on one site, for example for 2 years, before being moved to the next location as the programme progresses.
- The Alpha system does not need traditional foundations and so an existing area, such as a tarmac playground can be built over with only the provision of concrete bases every 5 metres to anchor the building – a significant cost saving over traditional solutions.
- A typical “four court” hall of 20m x 35m x 8m high would take around three weeks to build and so, as well as the advantages of minimum disruption and ground works Alpha offers an extremely fast solution and can also be a canopy as well as a four sided building.
- Uniquely among relocatable structures and due to the patented engineering of the roof structure, the Alpha system can achieve heights in excess of 12 metres.
- This height is crucial not only because it will allow for participation unhindered by the roof, but it meets the official club, county, regional, national and even international official requirements for the participation of many sports including Badminton, Basketball, 5-a-side Football, Indoor Hockey, Handball, Netball, Volleyball and Tennis. Specialist tennis structures are also available from Useful Structures – please call or e-mail for further details.
- Modular construction allows the easy, quick and cost effective expansion of your sports hall so that you can add space as and when it is required.
- Among the many advantages of the Alpha system is the translucent membrane roof. This allows daylight to penetrate the structure thus reducing or negating the need for expensive electric lighting during daylight hours and providing a comfortable, light and airy environment for sports.
- Options include single and double leaf doors, roller shutter doors, glazing and many choices of external colours and profiles as standard.
- We are also able to supply rebound boards, heating and lighting packages and even changing and shower modules to provide a total turn-key package.
- The unmatched height of the Alpha system lends itself perfectly to the covering of sporting grandstands.
- As with all our structures, the Alpha system complies with BS6399 for wind and snow loadings
If you would like to find out more about our Sport and Leisure facilities then please Contact Us